Monday, January 4, 2016

Cauliflower "Fried Rice"




This is my second time making this delectable dish and it is too good not to share! This recipe has simple, inexpensive ingredients and is easy to make. How could I mess this one up? J

Feel free to follow the recipe below or modify to fit your interests and tastes, but please share any changes so I can learn to make it even better!

Also, there is no shame in skipping down to the end to retrieve the recipe sans pictures and ramble.


Here are the ingredients needed:




Simple and inexpensive as I said! They are all snuggled up waiting to be made into a masterpiece! I'm sure this is not a meal Emeril Lagasse would find to be a culinary gem, but I sure enjoy how yummy (and easy) it is.  J



OK, if I am going to be honest with the ingredients "used" I better show you an updated picture. 
The cider is definitely not something I put in the recipe, but it was a key ingredient to taking this on! And it's super delicious. 



The first time I made this meal, I had to chop the florets by hand...which was not so fun and took forever. However, this time I was fortunate to have a food processor to use! My sweet boyfriend bought me one for Christmas and it is a lifesaver. Well, a time saver anyhow.

Anyway, if you have a miracle chopping machine you will need to chop the cauliflower into florets before putting them into the machine.

Oh ya, you might want to install the chopping blade first before adding the florets. Mistake #1! Ha.


Pulse those babies until they resemble rice. I like mine to be a little chunky for texture purposes.




Next, the onion. At the thought of having to hand chop the onion, I already wanted to cry without the onion's help. Absolutely my least favorite food to slice. But then I had the calming realization that I have a FOOD PROCESSOR DUH. How quickly I forget. I love this.

Pulse until desired size.


After you celebrate not having to tear up from onion chopping, pour 2-3 TBS of Sesame Seed Oil, onion and frozen peas, corn and carrots into a large frying pan or wok if you want to get fancy with it. Sesame Seed Oil is the bomb. It's healthy and gives food an awesome taste. If you love rice and veggies cooked on a Habachi grill, then you will love this oil because that is what the chefs use!



Stir fry the veggie mixture until they are tender. Scoot the veggies into a circle with a hole in the center. Crack 2 large eggs into the center and stir them until they resemble scrambled eggs. I prefer this over scrambling the eggs in a separate bowl mostly because it's more fun.


Pile on the cauliflower "rice" before the egg gets too rubbery and mix all together.


Pour in 2-3 TBS of Soy Sauce in and saute to taste! If you aren't a fan of soy sauce like me, don't skip it! The soy sauce isn't overwhelming in any way and adds a nice flavor.


Last, but not least, you can add my favorite sauce. Yum Yum! For you meat eaters, you could try adding some bacon or chicken to it as well. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
· Head of Cauliflower
· 1 cup of frozen peas and carrot mix
· 1 cup of frozen yellow corn
· 1 small white onion
· 2-3 TBS of sesame seed oil
· 2 large eggs
· 2-3 TBS of soy sauce
· Yum Yum sauce (optional but highly recommended)
Instructions:
1. Rinse and chop cauliflower into florets. Place in food processor and chop until it resembles rice. Put in small bowl and set aside.
2. Peel and quarter white onion and chop in food processor. Preheat pan or wok on medium heat with sesame seed oil in the bottom. Add onions and frozen veggies and stir fry until tender.
3. Create a circle in the middle of the veggies and drop in two large eggs. Scramble with veggies.
4. Add cauliflower, mix and add soy sauce to taste. Stir fry mixture until it reaches a desired consistency.
5. Serve into bowl and pour Yum Yum sauce on top generously.
6. Enjoy and tell your stomach “You’re welcome”.

Yield: 4-6
Time: 30 minutes
Scarf-ability rating: 9/10










No comments:

Post a Comment